To eliminate poverty and promote social justice by building communities in which every adult has the opportunity to become a co-owner of the organisation on which they, their family and community depend.
To engage in critical testing, development and application of the FairShares Model and disseminate the results in an intellectual common for the benefit of educators, researchers, entrepreneurs, managers, members and professionals engaged in co-operative social entrepreneurship.
Five values and Principles
- Wealth and power sharing amongst primary stakeholders;
- Specification of social purpose(s) and auditing of impact(s)
- Ethical review of the choice of goods/services offered
- Ethical review of production and retailing processes
- Social democratic ownership, governance and management